You can rollover E bonds that are eligible to receive tax-free withdrawals for college to Qualified Tuition Plans in order to get a state income tax deduction for a contribution to your states Qualified Tuition Plan. In addition, if you think your income will be higher than the income limits to claim the tax-free withdrawal, a rollover to a Qualified Tuition Plan may preserve the tax-free status for the E bond earnings.