General Program Information
SMARTTRACK® College Funding, the nation’s leader in helping families be proactive with their finances so they can pay for college more affordably. SMARTTRACK® has created this perk for parents of college-bound high school seniors. So, take this fun opportunity to Show Off Your Amazing Kid for your chance to win $250 to decorate the dorm or whatever your freshman needs to get a great start at college!
Who May Apply
- Participants must be SMARTTRACK® clients who have had an appointment(s) with one of our Advisors to help answer financial/aid questions and give college funding assistance
- Be the parent(s) or legal guardian of a student who has been admitted to one or more colleges/universities this year (2023),
Be willing to create a short video testimonial (1-5 minutes) about how SMARTTRACK® made a positive difference in the financial aid you received from the colleges to which your child has been admitted, and/or improved your outcomes.
How to Apply
1. Create a Video Testimonial
It’s an exciting time when your student receives his/her college admissions. SMARTTRACK® is proud of the work we do to help make college more affordable.
Parent(s)/Guardian–Create a short video (1-5 minute) telling us about your experience with SMARTTRACK®.
- Show off how awesome your kid is and how great he/she did in getting awarded grants/scholarships/aid by telling the total financial aid you received from all colleges combined (add up all your aid from the award letters)
- Choose at least three of the following suggested topics for your video:
- How SMARTTRACK® helped you pay less for college
- Made better colleges more affordable
- Made the process much less stressful
- How knowledgeable your SMARTTRACK® Advisor is about the process
- How glad you are that your high school participates with SMARTTRACK® or that you were referred to SMARTTRACK®
- How different your SMARTTRACK® Advisor is from your CPA, or regular financial adviser
- Would you recommend SMARTTRACK® and why
Hint: The Selection Committee loves bubbly, excited videos!
Pro tip: Make sure you record your video in a well-lit area
2. Submit Your Video
All entries must be received by May 5, 2023 at 11:59 Pacific Daylight Time.
The winners will be notified at the email address they provide by May 31, 2023.
Five winners will be selected based on completing all requirements, and how you tell your story. Winners will be notified via the email address provided.
- Void where prohibited.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- Current employees, officers, directors and agents of SMARTTRACK® College Funding, National Society of High School Scholars, and their respective related companies, and spouses, parents, siblings, children, and persons residing at the same address are not eligible to win.
- Participants must complete all requirements to be eligible.
SMARTTRACK® College Funding
1050 Glenbrook Way, Suite 480-501
Hendersonville, TN 37075
- Eligibility: The SMARTTRACK® College Funding Scholarship is open to all U.S. citizens. Entrants must be parents or legal guardians of college-bound high school seniors. Current employees, officers, directors, and agents of SMARTTRACK® College Funding, related companies, and spouses, parents, siblings, children, and persons residing at the same address are not eligible to win. Void where prohibited. No purchase is necessary.
- How to Enter: To enter, submit a video testimonial of the parent or legal guardian of a college-bound high school senior. All testimonials should use your own words and opinions. Submissions must be received no later than May 5, 2023 at 11:59 Pacific Daylight Time. Limit one (1) submission per person. Submission must include name and contact information. All submissions must be in English. No substitutions will be accepted once you have submitted. Submissions that are obscene, pornographic, libelous, supportive of illegal or unlawful activity, or otherwise objectionable will be disqualified. All entries in their entirety, once submitted, become the property of SMARTTRACK®, and will not be returned. SMARTTRACK® assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or unintelligible submissions. By submitting an entry, you fully and unconditionally accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of SMARTTRACK®, which are final and binding.
- Winner Selection: SMARTTRACK® is looking for eligible entrants who follow directions and will be evaluated based upon content, originality, and overall enthusiasm. The potential winners will be notified by email, at which time he/she will be required to sign further documentation to be eligible for award. SMARTTRACK® shall have no liability for any potential winner notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by the potential winner for any reason. SMARTTRACK® reserves the right to choose no recipients if, at its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries. Without further compensation or notice to the Winners, portions of the winning entries, names, likenesses, quotes, and submitted content may be posted on the SMARTTRACK® Websites, used in marketing materials, and provided to the public. SMARTTRACK® retains sole discretion in determining how submissions may be used and/or publicized, and the Applicant consents and confirms the same herein.
- Prize: Five winners will receive a prize in the amount of two hundred and fifty ($250.00 USD) dollars. Prizes will be in the form of a check or gift card at SMARTTRACK®’s discretion. Prize may not be assigned, transferred, or changed. No cash equivalent prize will be awarded. The awarding of prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules and subject to Sponsor’s verification of Applicant and Applicant’s submission. Applicants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and agree that if any Winner fails to provide proof of identity, refuses to provide required affidavit, refuses to complete and provide any required tax or financial forms (including IRS W-9 form), is found to have violated the Official Rules, or does not otherwise meet eligibility criteria, prize will be forfeited. Applicants understand that SMARTTRACK® is not liable for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from participation in this contest, and acceptance, possession, and use of the prize. SMARTTRACK® is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the contest, or the announcement of the prize. Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize recipients, who will be issued 1099 tax forms if required by law.
- Privacy and Publicity: By submitting an entry, you acknowledge that the SMARTTRACK® may call and/or send information pertaining to the contest, your entry, or College Funding. Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize, recipients agree that SMARTTRACK® may, without limitation or further compensation or notice, use his/her name, voice, and/or likeness in any and all media, worldwide, for the purpose of advertising and promoting the website, SMARTTRACK®, contest, or any other promotion, scholarship, or sweepstakes sponsored by SMARTTRACK® College Funding.
- Ownership: Each Applicant warrants and represents that the video and content for this contest is wholly original and his/her own creation, and that he/she is the sole owner of all rights other than SMARTTRACK®’s as relates to the Application, and that nothing contained therein infringes on any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights, or rights of publicity or privacy for which Applicant has not obtained a license to use. Applicant warrants and represents that the Application does not contain anything for which the Applicant was compensated or granted any consideration by any third party. By submitting an Application, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) SMARTTRACK® will own your Application, including your video submission, and (b) as between you and SMARTTRACK®, SMARTTRACK® will own all publishing rights in and to the submission. Each Applicant hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns, and conveys to SMARTTRACK®, its successors and assigns, all present and future rights, title, and interests of every kind and nature whatsoever, including without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary, or allied thereto (including without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the submission(s) for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices, whether now known or hereafter devised (the “Rights”). SMARTTRACK® shall have the right, in its sole discretion to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter submission(s) for any purpose SMARTTRACK® deems necessary or desirable, and each Applicant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the video and written submission(s) submitted by him/her. Each Applicant hereby acknowledges that he/she does not reserve any rights in and to the video and written submission(s).
- Dispute Resolution: Except where prohibited, by participating, Applicant agrees that all questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants, SMARTTRACK®, its officers, agents, employees, and assigns shall be governed and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee, without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law of any jurisdiction. Applicant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this contest or awarding of the prize, shall be subject only to binding arbitration, and hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such arbitration for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this contest, Applicant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or awarding of the prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to the actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this contest but in no event to include attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages other than for actual out-of- pocket expenses not including attorneys’ fees, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, irrespective to jurisdictions that do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages.
- Representations, Warranties, and Indemnification: Each person who enters this contest represents and warrants to SMARTTRACK® as follows: (a) the video submission is the Applicant’s own original, previously unpublished and previously unproduced work; (b) all written and video submissions are wholly original work by Applicant, and as of the date of submission is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (c) the written response submission neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (d) the written response submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the submission requirements set forth above. Each Applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the SMARTTRACK® harmless against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind, and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations, or agreements of Applicant hereunder. SMARTTRACK® will not discriminate against any Applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- Further Documentation: Except where prohibited, potential Winners will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity/Liability Release, and Copyright Assignment within ten (10) days of notification of winning, or another Applicant will become the alternate potential Winner. SMARTTRACK® will make a good faith attempt to notify Winner via the email provided; if notification is undeliverable, another Applicant may become the alternate potential Winner.
- No Obligation to Use: SMARTTRACK® shall have no obligation, express or implied, to use any winning entry, or to otherwise exploit a winning application or continue the development, production, distribution, or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may, at any time and without notice, abandon use of the winning application for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and the Winner shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
- General Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering this contest, each Applicant acknowledges and agrees that the SMARTTRACK®, its related companies, affiliates, and each such company’s respective officers, directors, employees, and agents are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with (a) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries, or for failure to receive Applications due to any cause, including but without limitation, human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender or otherwise, that may limit Applicant’s ability to participate in the contest; or (b) any injury or damage resulting, either directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the contest and/or the use of any prize, including but without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages relating to personal injuries, death, damage to or loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or base on the Applicant’s rights of publicity or privacy, or the Applicant’s claim that he/she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light. SMARTTRACK® assumes no responsibility for any damage to an Applicant’s computer or computer system which is occasioned by accessing any website or participating in the contest, or for any computer system, phone, hardware, software, programmalfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. This contest is subject to U.S. federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Sponsor’s Right to Modify, Suspend, or Terminate: In the event SMARTTRACK® is prevented from continuing with the contest by any event beyond its reasonable control, SMARTTRACK® shall have the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, or terminate the contest. Contest and all prizes are terminated immediately at such time as SMARTTRACK® is no longer actively in business, even if prizes have not been awarded.
- General Provisions: SMARTTRACK® reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of the contest, the website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, to be submitting responses dishonestly or inaccurately, submitting duplicative entries, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any Applicant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Applicant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. If a submission is confirmed by SMARTTRACK® to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or destroyed, the Applicant’s sole remedy shall be to submit another entry, if time permits. SMARTTRACK®’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
- List of Prize Recipients: The names of Prize Recipients of this contest may be posted on SMARTTRACK® College Funding website(s), online and print marketing materials, and/or social media.